Word maps are a beautiful combination of events, geography, culture, and feelings. This is an excellent way to assimilate a series of conversations.
This is an artistic moment only for you. Enjoy the moment, be present, and remember that there is no right or wrong way of making art. Be yourself!
These are the materials that you’ll need:
- Maps to trace or copy for outlines
- Pens or pencils of different colors
Think of one topic you are profoundly interested in. Bring to your attention all your conversations, the people you meet, the things you hear or see, as well as any information, questions, or ideas about it.
- Outline your place lightly on your paper. You can use Google maps or any map for reference. Also, you can invent an imaginary place from scratch.
- Make a list of words that describe your experience with the topic in mind.
- Add the words you came up with in different sizes and colors until you fill up your outline.
We would love to see your creations and your thoughts after the exercise. If you feel like it, share it with us in the community!
LUAN, giving you a push toward art.
Berry, Jill. K. McNeilly Linden. Map Art Lab: 52 exciting art explorations in mapmaking, imagination, and travel. Quarry Books. The United States. 2014.
Want to take a trip? Dive into LUAN and spend some time there. Collective exhibition, Courses, Podcast, YouTube Channel, Telegram Channel, Website. Explore beauty and reflection content that builds on community connections and emotional openness. We will not disappoint.